Product Advice, Guides, Learning resources
We’ve pooled together local market expertise from tourism businesses already working with China as well as insight and resources from industry experts, tourism agencies and Chinese staff and experts at our universities to help inform and educate tourism businesses about Chinese tourist trends and Chinese preferences and culture. Keep checking back regularly, as this section is regularly updated. Activities to date include:
- A targeted programme of introductory cultural awareness briefings and workshops and more detailed seminars on specific topics such as Union Pay and Chinese social media. These industry familiarisation sessions have engaged over 300 staff across 200 local Edinburgh tourism businesses, including hotels, restaurants, tour operators, attractions and event organisers.You can download the presentations from recent briefings here:- ETAG 2016 China-Ready Conference Presentations– ETAG China-Ready launch Business Breakfast Briefing
- A printed China-Ready Business Opportunities Guide with information on Chinese tourism trends and how to welcome Chinese tourists in to your business. The Guide has been so popular it has already had to be re-printed, with 1,000 Guides now in circulation. Download the Guide here.
- Signposting helpful external resources and information to help businesses independently research the Chinese market and identify business opportunities. Key information includes:
– China market info from VisitScotland, including market statistics and a toolkit:
– VisitBritain has further insights, information on their China Welcome programme and the opportunity to sign up for the Great China Welcome Charter
– The Hotels.com Chinese International Travel Monitor is an extensive study into outbound Chinese tourism trends- The research firm IPSOS publishes an annual Market Research Report on Outbound Chinese Tourist (City) Consumption (PDF download).
Whilst there is a wealth of international information about the Chinese Outbound visitor, there is little to no reliable insight about Chinese visitors to Scotland or Edinburgh. ETAG is therefore working with local businesses to promote Edinburgh’s first-ever dedicated China destination survey, and you can help us increase the sample size by promoting the survey to your Chinese Visitors. Please either share the link or print off the ETAG China Ready A4 Poster or the ETAG China Ready A3 Poster and put up in your business premises to encourage Chinese visitors to participate in the survey!