Sustainability is not just about being ‘green’. It’s also about the general health of our tourism sector and the businesses that operate within it. To improve your business sustainability think about:
- Cutting costs by reducing energy and fuel use
- Streamlining your resources, becoming more efficient and ‘greener’ at the same time
- Using local suppliers e.g. Scottish food and drink producers
- Using technology to help you work smarter
- Collaborating with local businesses to create new visitor experiences or products
To aid you with any recycling needs check out these helpful links:
- For electrical items – check out this helpful guide.
- For general recycling guides have a look at recycling-guide.org.uk and earth911.com
For cycling tourism there is also a Leisure Cycling Tourism Opportunity Guide that can give you really great hints and tips on how to engage with visitors who are cycling as part of their travel.
Why not take the 10minute Green Tourism Scheme quiz and see if your business could qualify for the Scheme?
VisitScotland AdviceLink has prepared a range of guides on actions which are simple and cost little or nothing, that your business can benefit from quickly.
The ETAG Wheel was created in partnership with Scottish Enterprise to provide Edinburgh’s tourism sector with a quick and easy way to access the support available in areas such as resource and energy efficiency, staff and customer engagement and green tourism. Give it a twirl!
Flash is required to view this content