Are you looking to target the local Edinburgh audience?
Resident Rewards, launched in December 2021 by Forever Edinburgh, with the aim to re-connect the residents of Edinburgh, with their city’s leisure, hospitality and cultural experiences. The programme was developed as a direct response to the 2030 Edinburgh Tourism Strategy that challenges the city to ensure that “Edinburgh’s tourism sector will directly contribute to the quality of life for Edinburgh’s residents” (2030 Tourism Strategy).
Building on the original campaign’s success, Forever Edinburgh has secured £180k in funding to further develop the programme for residents, and to also allow more tourism businesses the opportunity to get involved by providing an exclusive offer for Edinburgh residents.
The newly expanded programme, now includes 5 reward categories:
- Monthly Star Reward – a high value reward that’s offered by one business each month
- Resident Rates – a special concession rate for residents
- Resident Previews – residents get a first look at new openings, attractions, exhibitions and tours
- Annual Pass – residents receive a concession rate on annual passes
- Half Price & Free Days – residents help to fill quieter days of the week by being offered half price tickets, or certain time slots completely free.
Businesses that have taken part so far include Johnnie Walker Princes Street, Edinburgh Bus Tours, Mercat Tours, the Scotch Whisky Experience, Camera Obscura, Department of Magic, Mary Kings Close and Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, with more in the pipeline.
What’s in it for you?
• Targeted media partnership activity
• Organic social activity posts from the Forever Edinburgh channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube
• Solus newsletter to Forever Edinburgh database (segmented to locals)
• Opportunity to increase your own marketing database
• Feature on dedicated Resident Rewards page on edinburgh.org
• Increased awareness and bookings from local audience.
To find out more about getting involved email: firstname.lastname@example.org.