Skip to content
- The Edinburgh Climate Compact is a commitment made by businesses and organisations in Edinburgh to take action to help significantly reduce the city’s carbon emissions and contribute to a green recovery. It outlines clear action areas for businesses to focus on and commit to and provides a network of support for members.
Within the first month of joining signatories have to:
– Publish their current emissions
– Publicise information on they are currently doing to reduce their climate impacts
– Complete the benchmarking sheet and return it to the compact’s administrator
A useful and very detailed guide to the Compact and steps to take here:
- The Resource Efficiency Pledge is a nationwide scheme backed by Scottish Government and run by Zero Waste Scotland to help Scottish businesses use energy, water and raw materials more efficiently throughout their operations. Since 2014, nearly 200 organisations across Scotland have taken steps to save money and strengthen their businesses through the Pledge. With access to free technical support and branded marketing materials, your business can get the assistance it needs to implement changes and promote its commitment to the environment and the economy.
Their dedicated tools are available online and over the phone, and the Advice and Support Service advisors can provide support to help you identify the most appropriate Pledge Actions for your organisation. Other resources, such as the SME Loan scheme for small- and medium-sized enterprises or online training, can give your organisation the support it needs to succeed.
Interesting (short) video about the Best Western Kings Manor Hotel who have signed the pledge and have been Green Tourism Gold rated since 2000.
- Tourism Declares supports tourism businesses, organisations and individuals in declaring a climate emergency and taking action to reduce their carbon emissions. While it is often DMOs and large corporate who “Declare” there are also individual Scottish businesses such as Wilderness Scotland.