Destinations, towns and cities are identified one of five key assets of Scottish tourism in the national tourism strategy, Tourism Scotland 2020. There are over 30 destination organisations in Scotland, all of whom are working hard to strengthen and grow the sector and the visitor experience in their areas, through the implementation of their own destination plans, linked to the national strategy.
This event is aimed specifically at destination leaders, such as officers, Board or committee members of destination groups, destination managers in public agencies and Local Authorities and others who are active in supporting their destination activities. The event provides an opportunity for these professionals to come together to share ideas and best practice around destination development and marketing in Scotland.
12.00pm Registration & Lunch
1.00pm Session 1 | Marketing Destinations
- Keynote: Keith Dinnie, School of Business, University of Dundee
- The Story of Edinburgh in 101 Objects: Fiona Hunter, Marketing & Communications Manager, Marketing Edinburgh and Sue Crossman, Edinburgh Tourism Action Group (ETAG)
- Best of Both – Glasgow & Argyll: Carron Tobin, Development Manager, Argyll & Isles Tourism
- Why You Must Become a Media Company: Chris Torres, Diretor, Senshi Digital
2.45pm Networking Break
3.00pm Session 2 | The Creativity of Sustaining Destination Groups
- Destination Organisations in Scotland: Caroline Warburton, Strategy Coordinator, Scottish Tourism Alliance
- VisitArran: Sheila Gilmore, Executive Director, VisitArran
- Destination Orkney: Gareth Crichton, Chair, Destination Orkney
- VisitInvernessLochNess: Graeme Ambrose, CEO, VisitInvernessLochNess
Please note that timings and speakers are subject to change at any time.