YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of all internet users. Nearly 60% of people watch videos to help them choose accommodations for their travel. Video is an essential asset for online marketing, especially in tourism, as being able to show a potential customer what they’ll experience when they visit you goes further than simply telling them.
This hands-on, creative workshop will show delegates how to use an iPad or iPhone to shoot, edit and upload great videos to YouTube, Facebook and Instagram, including voiceovers, background music, and titles. Note that videos can be used on your website and add huge value to written content, such as blog posts. Learn why as humans we respond much better to video and, people in video, along with practical tips on making quality video content using mobile devices.
- Why do we respond much better to video (and especially people in video)
- Shooting a video using an iPhone or iPad
- Using the iMovie app to edit the video, add voiceovers, background music and titles
- Uploading videos to YouTube
- How does visual content impact on SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and conversion?
What do I need to bring?
It is essential that delegates bring an iPad or iPhone with the following app installed beforehand:
- iMovie (free)
Due to the use of the free iMovie app, this workshop is not suitable for Android devices. Don’t forget to bring a power pack.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at those managing and/ or responsible for website and social media content who need to learn how to quickly and effectively produce great content for use on social media and websites.
What will I learn?
- Understanding of the importance of video
- How to make quality video content using your own mobile devices
- How to upload videos to YouTube
- Understanding of how visual content can impact SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and conversion
- Once registered, you will receive automatic email reminders prior to the workshop as well as as a link to the feedback form on the day of the workshop. In order to receive the link to the slides and any further communication, please give your consent when registering for this event.
- DTS events are aimed at tourism businesses only who operate on a B2C (Business to Consumer) or B2B (Business to Business) basis. Unfortunately, we can’t offer places to intermediaries, consultants or suppliers of services.
DTS is a partnership programme supported by VisitScotland, Scottish Enterprise, Business Gateway, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Skills Development Scotland, Scottish Government and Scottish Tourism Alliance. The workshops and awareness sessions are delivered by Elevator.
This event is brought to you in collaboration with Edinburgh Tourism Action Group.