Great visuals allow travellers to visualise potential new experiences and can inspire them to book with one business over others. What is “inspiring visual content” and how does this impact on online conversions? Visual content is now the cornerstone of a successful online campaign, particularly in the tourism sector.
Learn how to determine what makes compelling visual content, the science behind visual content and how to tell an engaging story using imagery. This is a practical workshop and delegates will spend time taking and editing images using different apps (weather permitting, delegates will be going outside for this).
- Basics of good photography, including viewpoint, focus point and composition
- Producing ready-to-post content
- Where and how to source engaging content (aside from your own photography)
- The benefits of using hashtags with visual content, both to find inspiration and to increase your business’s visibility
- How to utilise “professional” quality images and when to utilise “silly” visual content to create different reactions from potential visitors
What do I need to bring?
It is essential that delegates bring along either an Apple or Android smartphone or a tablet with the following apps installed:
- Adobe Spark
These apps are not available on Windows mobile devices! Don’t forget to bring a power pack.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at those managing and/ or responsible for website and social media content who need to learn how to quickly and effectively produce great imagery for use on social media and websites without the need for an expensive camera of editing software.
What will I learn?
- Understanding of the basics of good photography
- How to source and produce ready-to-post content using specific apps
- How to use hashtags effectively
- How to prompt different reactions using different types of visual content
- Once registered, you will receive automatic email reminders prior to the workshop as well as as a link to the feedback form on the day of the workshop. In order to receive the link to the slides and any further communication, please give your consent when registering for this event.
- DTS events are aimed at tourism businesses only who operate on a B2C (Business to Consumer) or B2B (Business to Business) basis. Unfortunately, we can’t offer places to intermediaries, consultants or suppliers of services.
DTS is a partnership programme supported by VisitScotland, Scottish Enterprise, Business Gateway, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Skills Development Scotland, Scottish Government and Scottish Tourism Alliance. The workshops and awareness sessions are delivered by Elevator.
This event is brought to you in collaboration with Edinburgh Tourism Action Group.