ETAG Tech Tuesday: How to be more visible online – Beyond Facebook and pretty websites!
- This event has passed.
As a small family run business or a one-person-band, it can be easy to feel lost in the giant ocean that is the internet. How is it possible that someone half-way across the world can stumble across your wee business? In this awareness session we will show you the many different ways and techniques you can apply and implement to help potential customers find your business online.
Awareness session content
- Brief introduction to the basics of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- How persuasive and engaging content can direct people to your business
- Why it pays to sometimes pay for online advertising
- Taking advantage of review sites, OTAs (Online Travel Agents) and the sharing economy
- Make the most of the upgraded VisitScotland.com
08.30-09.00 Breakfast rolls
Who should attend?
This awareness session is for small business owners and operators interested in growing their business online by improving current channels and trying out new ones.
What will I learn?
- Understanding of the different routes and channels potential customers can find your business online
- How to increase the likelihood of potential customers finding your business
- Understanding of the pros and cons of paid services and techniques
- Once registered, you will receive automatic email reminders prior to the workshop as well as as a link to the feedback form on the day of the workshop. In order to receive the link to the slides and any further communication, please give your consent when registering for this event.
- DTS events are aimed at tourism businesses only who operate on a B2C (Business to Consumer) or B2B (Business to Business) basis. Unfortunately, we can’t offer places to intermediaries, consultants or suppliers of services.