ETAG Digital Workshop: Search Engine Optimisation
- This event has passed.
How many ways can your audience find your tourism business? Or indeed, how might you find them? In this session we will cover:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – in plain English in an easy to follow format with a useful template to use for ongoing SEO tasks
- Mobile Search – how your website may appear or list on mobile devices
- Review Platforms (e.g. TripAdvisor) and other referral sources
- Google My Business
- Google Advertising
- Social Media Advertising
- Google Plus – how your page and posts can increase visibility
- How tourists are using search and technology to facilitate their travel
Delegates will learn how to create and manage their own:
- Keyword Research
- Organic SEO
- PPC campaigns
- Measure sources of incoming website traffic
- Better manage the outsourcing (if they choose to do so) of their SEO
An on-page Search Engine Optimisation template will be provided.
Note: Attendees are welcome to being laptops and/or tablets and use the online tools as when discussed during the workshops – this activity will be guided.
Join us for registration and networking at 9:15am
9.30 Start Time
12.30 Finish Time
Your Tutor: Stephen Whitelaw, has 28 years business experience with over 17 years in Internet technologies and digital marketing. Stephen led the social media launch of Toowist in 2013 (of which he is also the founder and Director) and has delivered numerous presentations internationally on the Future of the Web, How to Grow your Business through Pinterest and Social Media in General. For more information about Stephen please see, www.linkedin.com/in/stephenwhitelaw
ETAG maintains a 48hr cancellation policy. We are unable to offer refunds for bookings cancelled less than 48 hours prior to the event. This event will be in high demand & places are limited to one attendee per company. ETAG events are aimed at tourism businesses within Edinburgh who operate on a B2C (Business to Consumer) or B2B (Business to Business) basis – unfortunately we can’t offer place to intermediaries, consultants or suppliers of services. Registering for ETAG events means you may be contacted in regards to future ETAG activity, events or market intelligence.
This event is delivered in collaboration with Digital Tourism Scotland