Now in its 8th year, the Digital Solutions for Tourism Conference is a key event in Edinburgh’s tourism calendar.
The day offers the chance for technology and tourism businesses to come together, identify new business opportunities and spark innovation around the use of digital to meet the changing expectations of Scotland’s tourists.
We’re excited to once again have a great line-up of speakers for you – including:
- Expedia – Discover the trends in how tech is shaping consumer behaviour, and how that impacts your business
- University of Edinburgh – taking a data driven approach to tourism innovation
- Dan Flying Solo – communicating with customers in a social-media-driven world
- Oovirt – using VR to improve accessibility and create high-quality experiences for customers
- Musselburgh Racecourse – using data to improve event operations and customer experience
- Fishers Services – using innovative radio frequency identification (RFID) enabled smart linen to improve operations
- Digital Development Loan– available funding support to improve your digital capabilities, skills and processes
- 1000 Mile Journey – what AI means for tourism businesses
- Mighty Missions – AR gamification for visitors
- Travelouder – Edinburgh’s social media platform for travellers around the world
- Curious Frank – an insight into how to keep your tourism business secure
- Soluis – VR as an immersive visualisation tool
- Edinburgh Festival Fringe – “tap to tip” contactless payments
- Helsinki Marketing – A pioneer in open data, and winner of European Capital of Smart Tourism 2019, Helsinki is a fascinating example of a digitally enabled destination with a burgeoning smart tourism industry
Year of Young People
To help celebrate the 2018 Year of Young People, we are delighted to offer a special discount ticket to give businesses the opportunity to bring along a young “Rising Star” to the Conference for the discount price of only £20.
Attracting, nurturing and retaining talented young people in the tourism industry is key to the sector’s continued success and growth. Their energy, enthusiasm and insights help to drive innovation and ensure that the visitor experiences we offer are relevant and attractive to the increasingly important youth travel market.
We hope that this offer will provide you with the opportunity to bring along a younger member of staff who may not normally attend the ETAG Digital Solutions for Tourism Conference.
We have a limited number of places available on a “first come, first served” basis and some conditions do apply:
- Places are available for youth delegates accompanying at least one full paying delegate booking
- Only one youth delegate per business can be registered
For the purposes of this offer, a youth delegate must be 26 or under
ETAG maintains a 48 hour cancellation policy. We are unable to offer refunds for bookings cancelled less than 48 hours prior to the event.