Edinburgh World Heritage City- Developing new experiences for visitors
- This event has passed.
Edinburgh’s World Heritage Site has over 1600 listed buildings, which means that wherever you are in the city centre there are interesting stories to discover, but have you ever thought how you can exploit Edinburgh’s UNESCO World Heritage status to grow your market and increase your bottom line!
Come to this workshop to learn more about Edinburgh’s World Heritage site and identify how you can capitalise on the opportunities it can offer to your business. 2017 will be the Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology and this workshop will also look at how you can start planning and identifying collaborations that can help you make the most of 2017.
Objectives of the workshop:
- To raise awareness of the city’s extraordinary built heritage and it’s designation as a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- To identify business opportunities to attract new business and enhance the quality of the visitor experience
- To create collaborative opportunities around the 2017 Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology
What to expect on the day:
- Hand’s on activities to help you develop and explore new heritage products/experiences
- Introduction to new innovation techniques to help develop and implement new product ideas
- Presentation from Edinburgh World Heritage
- Awareness raising of 2017 Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology
- Heritage Walk- This tour will highlight some examples of the city’s outstanding architecture, but also some intriguing hidden gems, all within a short walk of the venue.
Who should attend?
Representatives of tourism businesses actively involved in developing and delivering tourism products and offerings. The programme will help you identify new ideas for products, explore them with other businesses and plan to implement them.
Please ensure you read the Edinburgh World Heritage Business Opportunity Guide before the workshop.
ETAG events are aimed at tourism businesses within Edinburgh who operate on a B2C (Business to Consumer) or B2B (Business to Business) basis – unfortunately we can’t offer place to intermediaries, consultants or suppliers of services.
ETAG MAINTAINS A 48 HOUR CANCELLATION POLICY. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER REFUNDS FOR BOOKINGS CANCELLED LESS THAN 48 HOURS PROR TO THE EVENT.