Expedia Group, which includes popular travel sites Expedia, Hotels.com and Vrbo, has revealed some unexpected travel trends for 2023.
The “No-Normal” study was conducted from Sept. 22 to Oct. 14, through an online survey of 24,000 adults, from 17 countries, who are planning domestic or international travel in the next 36 months.
Key highlights include:
- As many COVID-19 restrictions around the world have been lifted, city centres are becoming popular again, with Edinburgh being the No.1 most popular city destination.
- Travellers are getting inspiration for their 2023 travel from entertainment.
- The most popular source of travel inspiration is social media at 30 per cent.
- Streaming movies and TV shows are becoming more popular sources of travel inspiration, at 22 per cent, making them as influential for travellers as recommendations from friends and family.
- Almost half (46%) of global travellers are more open to wellness breaks than ever before.