Preparing to re-open
Following the publication on Scottish Government guidance on re-opening (issued 18th June) VisitScotland have created a resource to help your business get ready to re-open.
A new dedicated section of the VisitScotland website has
- the latest guidance
- checklists for your business
- specific advice for your sub-sector
Check out VisitScotland to keep up-to-date on the latest information.
There are a number of upcoming webinars from our partners to help answer your questions, including:
Wednesday 24th June – Back to Business Webinar: Re-starting the Tourism Sector in Scotland (Panel Discussion)
Join Business Gateway’s panel of industry experts to look at what we know so far about how the tourism sector in Scotland can get back to business safely. Discussing the key considerations in re-opening tourism business, looking at the Scottish Government guidance & answering your questions.
The panel includes:
- Hugh Lightbody, Chief Officer Business Gateway National Unit
- Anna Miller Head of Tourism, Highlands and Islands Enterprise
- Riddell Graham, Director of Industry & Destination Development, Visit Scotland
- Jemma Reid, Consultant and Project Manager, Midlothian & Borders Tourism Action Group
Friday 26th June – Re-imagining hospitality and tourism post COVID-19
Join GlobalScots Guy Crawford, Andrew Houghton and Margaret Paul plus additional guests from around the world from the global hospitality industry, as they provide insight and advice for Scotland’s hospitality and tourism industry on preparing for “open for business” in July.
An interactive panel session, facilitated by Aileen Lamb, Tourism & Creative Economy Manager, aimed at Scotland’s hospitality and tourism sector will discuss:
- Re-opening – essential preparation
- Consumer / traveller confidence
- Business viability in light of social distancing restrictions.
- Delivering exceptional service and experience – at a distance
- Is Covid19 driving innovation – examples from around the world