News: Support to develop your digital capacityPosted on 28 November 2019
Did you know that Scotland has a fantastic range of support aimed at helping businesses improve their digital skills, develop their capabilities and fund project ideas?
Your tourism businesses could be missing out on access to finance, advice or resources – much of it free, or low-cost.
- Edinburgh Napier University – Understanding Data in the Tourism Industry – a FREE online course that anyone can join and work through when it fits into their schedule
- Digital Boost – FREE workshops, FREE online resources and FREE 121 advice on a variety of digital subjects
- e-Placement Scotland – FREE help to find talented students from a range of technical backgrounds, and support to host student placements in your business
- Adopt An Intern – AAI provide low-cost, inclusive, recruitment consultation and HR support to help you grow a skilled team
- Digital Development Loan – DDL offer interest-free loans of between £5k-£100k for digital improvement projects within Scottish SMEs. The loan could cover:
- New hardware or software to increase your digital capacity and capability
- Expenditure on new digital processes that speed up production or enable your company to access new markets
- Expenditure on training
- Costs of using a specialist/consultant to implement the system, train staff, etc
- Cyber Essentials – Scottish Enterprise offer a Cyber Voucher Scheme which allows you to claim back the cost of Cyber Essentials certification. Cyber Essentials guards you from 80% of the most common cyber threats.
- CiSP – CiSP is a FREE secure social networking platform that provides members with threat and vulnerability information and updates in real time.
- CENSIS – FREE access to Sensors for SMEs – borrow a ‘plug and play’ sensor box and experiment with IoT in your own business
So if you have an idea to develop your business, why not check out the support above – and let us know how you get on!