The EICC has had an impressive line-up of Hollywood A-listers with recent visits from George Clooney and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Not to be deterred, the 2016 ETAG Conference team organised a star studded schedule and even secured a local Holyrood celebrity to compère the event on Friday 5th February.
Feedback for the ETAG 2016 Conference has shown it to be a huge success with 95% rating the event good or excellent with lots of positive feedback at #ETAG2016. Survey Monkey is still collecting responses and your feedback is welcomed.
Delegates were treated to 11 speakers during the morning Conference with the stage occasionally looking like the Avengers had assembled. You could be forgiven for believing that those in Edinburgh tourism have supernatural powers considering their many achievements, which to name only a few included;
- The #blogmanay 2015/16 campaign smashing 100 million Twitter Impressions for the first time
- The DLP Team launching their China Ready Business Opportunities Guide in collaboration with ETAG
- 2016 being the 70th anniversary of Edinburgh Festivals – whose many successes have decorated the city
It was evident that Edinburgh has a huge amount to celebrate but as we know all good movies have a twist and similar industry challenges face us all. There was a great engagement with the voting buttons which highlighted;
- growing business in the shoulder months is a high priority
- our customer service skills needs to improve
Thankfully, Karen María Jónsdóttir of Visit Reykjavik gave us all an inspirational lesson in overcoming challenges. Our keynote demonstrated how they turned trauma into triumph and used arts and culture to focus on the winter season to double their visitor numbers in less than 5 years, despite a financial crisis. Her presentation resonated with many delegates and emphasised the importance of collaboration for success.
I can’t wait for #ETAG2017, “I’ll be back”, will you?